Integrate Fax with Voice over IP
Fax over IP (FoIP) refers to the process of sending and receiving faxes via a Voice over IP (VoIP) network – such as those from Cisco, Avaya, Alcatel-Lucent, Quintum, and others.
Learn More about Faxing over an IP Network
Faxing over your VoIP network enables you to get even more value from your Internet-based phone network.
More and more organizations have come to realize the cost savings and productivity benefits that derive from deploying a FoIP server that integrates with their existing equipment to route faxes over their IP network. In fact, even if an enterprise doesn't have a VoIP network in place today, they can still implement FoIP and virtualize their fax servers through use of the Dialogic Brooktrout SR140 fax software and media gateway.
By taking advantage of existing IP infrastructure, you can realize the following benefits:
- Elimination of inter-company PSTN charges
- Simplified disaster recovery by leveraging virtualization
- Lower total equipment, maintenance and operating costs due to network consolidation
- Reduction of long distance costs and the need to maintain fax ports on your PBX system
- A migration path from traditional fax to IP fax in the move to VoIP networks
Read more on: