Biscom Digital Fax
Founded in 1990, PLUS Diagnostics is the premier provider of comprehensive and dynamic anatomic pathology services, tailored to the outpatient needs of urologists, oncologists, dermatologists, and gastroenterologists. Based in Union New Jersey, Irvine California, and Houston Texas, PLUS Diagnostics is accredited by the College of American Pathologists and is CLIA-certified. PLUS serves thousands of physicians and evaluates tens of thousands of samples monthly.
ChallengesPLUS Diagnostics wanted to stop faxing lab results as gray-scale, low-resolution images and replace them with high-resolution color reports. Michael Adriani, the Director of IT at PLUS Diagnostics who led the search for a new faxing solution, had a shortlist of requirements: a secure web-based solution that also needed to support unattended operation—results would be “pushed” to physicians rather than “pulled” by them. In addition, the solution had to run in its current IT environment, support private-label branding, and meet HIPAA compliance.
“The faxing technology we had in place didn’t do enough to provide quick, clear, and concise reporting. We wanted a new system, and we wanted it to be secure, Internet-based, yet easy to use on both ends,” said Adriani. Biscom Digital Fax satisfied all these requirements.
Biscom Digital Fax is a high-speed, secure, point-to-point patented software solution for sending and receiving high-resolution color images—such as lab test results, medical/dental radiographs, and full-color documents—over the Internet, and eliminates telephony costs.
All data is encrypted and direct point-to-point and can be sent directly to color printers and direct to desktops.
Like fax, an unalterable image is sent; but unlike standard fax that tops out at 200 dpi, Biscom Digital Fax images are delivered at maximum resolution.
Biscom’s Digital Fax was the right fit for PLUS Diagnostics, where it is privately labeled as PLUS Dx Remote. Biscom also integrates seamlessly with PLUS Diagnostics’ PathFlex LIS laboratory system and infrastructure, delivering high-resolution color images directly to laboratories.
Biscom’s secure Digital Fax gives PLUS Diagnostics a competitive edge, with the following benefits:
- Transmission of higher quality color images, with superior legibility, further supporting greater physician confidence in the labs’ findings.
- Immediate receipt of transmitted diagnostic reports. By eliminating any delay between the lab sending the report and the physician receiving it, the patient’s condition can be diagnosed and treated more quickly.
- Assurance that Digital Fax, unlike email, is encrypted with standards-based 256-bit AES encryption, which helps both the lab and physicians meet HIPAA compliance and protect patient privacy.
- Quick and secure delivery of information to physicians.
- Cost savings of thousands per month through the elimination of overnight shipping charges at $5/package, and telecom costs.
- Automated feedback that reduced support time.
- Improved satisfaction among physician customers.
- Easy deployment in minutes at client sites.
Union, New Jersey
- Required more detailed, full-color faxes to make treatment decisions
- Needed a secure Internet-based solution that automates lab results
- Wanted results to be communicated faster and more cost effectively
- Biscom Digital Fax
- Transmission of high resolution color images
- Immediate receipt of transmitted diagnostic reports
- Provided peace of mind to the agency and their customers
The faxing technology we had in place didn’t do enough to provide quick, clear, and concise reporting. We wanted a new system, and we wanted it to be secure, internet based, yet easy to use on both ends.
Director of IT, Plus Diagnostics
Looking for more information?
Email us today to speak with one of our specialists.