Epic Fax Integration
- Increases patient information security and helps achieve HIPAA compliant faxing by maintaining documents in digital form.
- Increases productivity by streamlining the process of sending faxes.
- Receive faxes into Epic while storing the fax image in your Epic approved document management solution.
- Supports easy deployment by the Epic administrator.
- Can be implemented with either an on-premises FAXCOM Server or Biscom’s hosted fax service.
After setting your Biscom fax solution, contact your Epic Technical Advisor for installation and help with the Epic Biscom integration.
Sending a Fax
Inside of Epic a user sends a fax. The EPS Server processes the fax, hands it off to the fax server and waits for the fax server to send it. Only when the fax is sent is a completed status returned. The end user will see the same completed status in printout tracking, but now it will mean that the fax was actually sent. If a fax fails after EPS delivers it to the fax server, EPS will return a failed status.
Failed faxes can easily be resent from the Biscom Windows and web clients.