Implementing Faxing in Office 365 for Biscom
Note: You need to acquire a public DNS name or IP address for the Suite SMTP Gateway server (e.g. fax.yourdomain.com) before this setup.
- Log in to the Office 365 Exchange admin center.
- On the left side navigator menu, select “mail flow” and then select “connectors”.
- Under Outbound Connectors, click the “+” button to create a new connector.
- On the “new outbound connector” window, enter a name for the new connector.
Make sure “Enable outbound connector” and “On-premises” are selected for Connector Type.
- Scroll down the “new outbound connector” window. Under “Outbound Delivery”, make sure “Route mail through smart hosts” is selected. Click the “+” button to add a SMART HOST. The “Network Settings” window will appear.
- On the “Network Settings” window, enter the DNS name or IP address of the Suite SMTP Gateway. Click Save.
- Scroll down the “new outbound connector” window. Under Domains, click the “+” button to add a new domain for the connector. The “add domain” window will appear.
- On the “add domain” window, enter the fax domain for Suite SMTP Gateway (This is the fax domain specified during the Suite SMTP Gateway setup). Click OK.
- Check the option “Route all accepted domains through this connector”. The completed “new outbound connector” window should look like the following:Click Save to create the new outbound connector.
- Once the setup has finished, Outlook users can send faxes using the syntax <fax number>@<fax.yourdomain.com> (e.g. [email protected])