SFT 6.0 is here and it’s a major upgrade from SFT 5.1. Biscom SFT 6.0 is the most secure and scalable file transfer solution on the market. This release is focused on security, privacy, and providing better data governance and control.
Our industry leading secure file transfer currently supports collaboration through secure workspaces, integrates with Microsoft Outlook with a seamless add-in, supports Microsoft Active Directory for enterprise deployments, has a REST API for integration and support for legacy systems, and supports no-code automation agents AutoPost and AutoFetch.
With 6.0, new features address current concerns:
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Support
- As privacy concerns increase worldwide, GDPR aims to protect the privacy rights of EU citizens. This regulation impacts companies not just in the EU but any company that provides goods, services, or observes the behavior of an EU citizen.
- EU citizens have certain rights related to how their personal data is being used, including the right to be forgotten (data erasure), right to be informed, and the right to opt out, among other things.
- Biscom SFT 6.0 supports new governance controls for privacy, cookies, and banners, and enhanced terms of service options.
- Additionally, Biscom supports pseudonymization, which obfuscates connections between users and their files and documents. All meta data is stripped to remove any identifying information.
- All files and secure messages are encrypted using FIPS 140-2 certified AES 256-bit encryption – meeting stringent U.S. Federal requirements as well as data privacy requirements for GDPR.
Sophos AV Integration
- Biscom has partnered with Sophos for anti-virus, and natively integrates the Sophos AV engine for fast and accurate malware protection. Files are automatically scanned upon upload so recipients can be assured of malware-free file downloads.
- We’ve established a better cost structure than our previous AV provider, and are passing those savings along to our customers.
Multi-factor Authentication (MFA/2FA)
- MFA/2FA support includes multiple methods: one-time passwords (OTP) such as Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, Authy, SMS-based authentication using Twilio, and an email-based method. This additional layer of protection greatly increases the security when handling extremely sensitive data.
Internet Content Adaptation Protocol (ICAP) support
- ICAP is a standard protocol that many anti-virus vendors, data loss prevention (DLP) servers, and content filters support.
- ICAP-compatible systems can be integrated into Biscom SFT to add additional scanning options.
Biscom SFT 6.0 is offered as a subscription on a per user basis, with site licenses available by request.
Looking for more information?
Email us today to speak with one of our specialists.