Biscom Transit Security
Security Made Simple
For some companies, keeping information secure is mandated by regulations like HIPAA, SOX, FERPA, or GDPR. Other businesses just want to make sure that confidential company information is kept safe from those who would exploit it. Biscom Transit helps you achieve regulatory HIPAA and GDPR compliance to maintain the privacy of vital business information. Learn more about user, network, and cloud data security for sharing files with Biscom Transit.
What makes Transit’s security different from other solutions?
Privacy by design
Privacy by default
- FIPS 140-2 AES 256-bit encryption as required for Federal Government agencies but helps all who care about the most secure encryption available
- Multi-tenant – Each customer has its own cloud “space” not shared with any other customer
- Pseudonymization (obfuscation) – Disassociate files from owners for GDPR compliance
- No data commingling – Eliminate the risk that data can be “accidentally” viewed by someone else
- Uploads and downloads automatically scanned for viruses and malware
Compliance & Governance
- Full audit logging with transaction reports
- Role-based access
- Unique compliance role for significant insight and governance to the organization
- Helps meet compliance requirements for HIPAA, SOX, FERPA, and GDPR
- Multi-factor authentication
- Internal and external user roles
- Full auditing capabilities
- Integrated with Microsoft Active Directory
- Total protection for data in transit
- All files are transferred over secure HTTPS connection
- TLS 1.2 2048-bit encryption in transit
- Regular penetration testing
- Tracking and reporting
- Audit and compliance monitoring
- Role-based access
- Ability to automatically expire access
- Real time dashboard for user activity, storage quotas, and licensing
Learn more about how Biscom Transit keeps your private information safe
Usability as a Feature of Cloud Data Security Solutions
In the battle to keep private information and business systems safe, employee behavior is always a top concern for IT leaders. In a recent nationwide survey conducted by Biscom, 75% of employees confirmed CIO concerns when they admitted to sending private and confidential information via email and other insecure methods. Convenience was the key reason why they made this decision, despite extensive training. We designed Transit to be incredibly easy-to-use, with a familiar email interface to increase user adoption. This focus on usability mitigates the risk of employees making a choice for convenience rather than security.
Want more details on Transit?
Biscom has been helping companies securely share documents and information for over thirty years. We’re proud to have some of the largest organizations as our clients.
More than Cloud – On-Premises Solution
Transit is a cloud solution to keep businesses’ private information secure, help companies maintain regulatory compliance, and remain easy enough to use for high user adoption. Some organizations require an on-premises deployment. Check out the power available in Biscom SFT, our on-premises solution for secure email, large file transfer, and secure collaboration.